A National Child and Youth Wellbeing Commitment by Australian Governments for every child, every young person to succeed and be safe.
Australia is one of the world’s wealthiest nations but right now around 1 in 5 children and young people are not sharing in that prosperity.
We know IT TAKES 6 for every child to start school ready to learn and every young person to leave school ready for life and work.
- Health – every child should live a healthy life physically, emotionally and mentally
- Learning – every child deserves access to high quality learning from the early years on
- Housing – every child should have the basics of living including a stable, secure home with a decent family income.
- Positive Identity – every child from every culture and background should be confident and respected
- Valued – every child deserves to be valued, loved and safe living free from abuse and neglect
- Participation – every child should be able to have say connected into family and community life
Getting the basics met, should not be a game of chance or luck. As a nation, we must invest in a National Commitment that ensures every child, every young Australian, gets their six needs met.
The National Child and Youth Wellbeing Commitment requires government to:
- Endorse and invest in this 6 point framework as a nation-building priority.
- Report regularly on the delivery and the coordination of services across these six core areas.
By signing onto this commitment, you are joining a movement of hundreds of organisations and thousands of individuals who want our government to ensure every child starts school ready to learn and every young person leaves school ready for life and work.